The Center for Family Resources offers home based program options. These options are unique in that they provide families Head Start services in their homes. Home visits are conducted on a regular schedule with the participation of the parents, although all family members are encouraged to join. The home visitors use the home environment to help parents improve their parenting skills and to assist them create rich learning experiences that build on everyday routines.
You will also work with your home visitor to:
- Learn to use your home as primary learning environment
- Support your child’s development and readiness for school
- Discuss family goals
Early Head Start
- Pregnant women and children aged 2 weeks to 3 years old
- Weekly home visits conducted by a home visitor
- Home visits are 1 ½ hours each
- Bi-weekly socializations
- Available throughout Passaic County (except Paterson & Passaic)
Socializations occur twice a month. This is when you and your home visitor will meet with other children and parents in the program. These group activities are focused on both parents and children and may take place in a classroom, community facility, home, or field trip. The goal of the socializations is to emphasize peer group interaction through age appropriate activities.