Center for Family Resources, Inc. (CFR) is a private, non-profit community organization that is dedicated to promoting the general well-being of all children and their families. We strive to build partnerships with families and the community in order to provide high-quality comprehensive child development and family strengthening services.
Currently, we offer a Head Start program serving income-eligible children ages 3 to 5 years and an Early Head Start program serving income-eligible children ages 2 months to 3 years and pregnant women from the towns of Ringwood, West Milford, Woodland Park, Wanaque, Bloomingdale, Pompton Lakes, Wayne, Haledon, Prospect Park, Clifton, Totowa, North Haledon, Hawthorne, and Little Falls within Passaic County, NJ.
Center for Family Resources is dedicated to:
- Developing collaborations between parents and professionals to promote the general well-being of young children and their families.
- Meeting the child development needs of young children, families, and communities through early care and education.
- Obtaining community support for income-eligible children, including culturally diverse children and children with special needs.
- Providing Early Care and Education
- Supporting Families
- Building Partnerships
- Promoting Healthy Communities
CFR is the only grantee in New Jersey that offers all program options: center-based, home-based, combination option, and family child care. Services are available at no- to low-cost to income-eligible children and families in these distinct areas throughout the county.
Review the services pages for full descriptions on each option.
- Strategically located programs to serve the diverse communities and families throughout the rural/suburban/urban catchment areas of the county
- Served this community since 1980
- Provide child development services in eight locations in Passaic County
- Family Child Care homes are located in Clifton, Hawthorne, and West Milford
- All of our locations are NAEYC accredited
- Staff is certified in First Aid and CPR
- All sites conform to local and state child care licensing requirements