Classroom Volunteer and Substitute
This program trains interested people to work in the Head Start Pre-school and Early Head Start Classrooms. The training will also benefit those who have an interest in learning about a typical day.
Please join us to learn more about the specific requirements to qualify.
We will discuss more details during the training.
A few topics that will be discussed are the following:
- Learning through play in an active environment
- A print-rich environment that promotes literacy
- A developmentally appropriate curriculum that reflects children’s individual culture and interests throughout the daily routine
- Health, nutrition and universal precautions
- Completing a volunteer packet
We hope you will take advantage of this fun and valuable training. Please contact your child’s social service worker or teacher and let him/her know if you plan to attend. Please attend the site that is most convenient to you.
Clifton (located at 712 Gregory Ave) Tuesday, Oct. 3 (9:30-11:30)
Pompton Lks (located at 59 Hamburg Tpk.) Wed. Oct. 4 (9:30-11:30)
Ringwood site (located at 12 Morris Rd.) Thurs. Oct. 5 (9:30-11:30)
Looking forward to working with you……
Early Childhood Specialist
Certificates of participation will be awarded to those who complete the program
Younger children are welcome at the trainings