The Head Start/Early Head Start program approach is based on the philosophy that:
- A child can benefit most from a comprehensive, interdisciplinary program that fosters development and remedies problems as expressed in a broad range of services.
- The child’s entire family, as well as the community, must be involved.
- The program should maximize the strengths and unique experience of each child.
- The family, which is perceived as the principle influence on the child’s development, must be a direct participant in the program.
The overall goal of the Head Start/Early Head Start program is to bring about a greater degree of social competency in children of income eligible families. Through Head Start/Early Head Start children will gain the social skills needed to enhance their present and future school experiences.
To accomplish this goal and meet Head Start/Early Head Start objectives and Performance Standards, Center for Family Resources, Inc. will:
- Provide opportunities for parent participation.
- Provide a planned program of experiences and activities that support and enhance the parental role as the principle influence in children’s education and development.
- Provide programs that recognize the parents as:
- Responsible guardian of their child’s well-being.
- Contributors to the Head Start/Early Head Start program and to their communities.
- Provide an open door policy for parents to review:
- Site licenses, classroom diagrams, and philosophy on child discipline that are located in the classroom. NJ Manual of Standards for Child Care Centers (N.J.A.C. 10:122).- Bureau of Licensing’s Inspection/Violation Reports that is located in the agency’s fiscal office at 12 Morris Road, Ringwood, New Jersey 07456.